Last modified May 25, 2018
This document describes the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (hereafter referred to as LVCVA) policy regarding personal information; ongoing communication; site security; and overall site usage of LVCVA.com, VisitLasVegas.com, VisitLaughlin.com, VisitMesquite.com, VisitBoulderCity.com, Lasvegasnewswire.com, VegasMeansBusiness.com, and any temporary or new websites developed, maintained or controlled by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority that are now known, or developed in the future (collectively, “LVCVA Websites”). These provisions apply solely to LVCVA online activities and are not necessarily applicable to practices that the LVCVA may engage in outside of the LVCVA Websites. Use of the LVCVA Websites signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions of use set forth in this document. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access or otherwise use the LVCVA Websites.
Use of Web Site Agreement
Websites LVCVA.com, VisitLasVegas.com, VisitLaughlin.com, VisitMesquite.com, VisitBoulderCity.com, Lasvegasnewswire.com, and VegasMeansBusiness.com are presented by the LVCVA from within the United States, and the LVCVA makes no representation that materials contained on or available via the LVCVA Websites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the LVCVA Websites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
The materials provided on the LVCVA Websites are protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. The contents of the LVCVA Websites are only for your personal, noncommercial use. All materials contained on the LVCVA Websites are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by the LVCVA or the party credited as the provider of the content. You will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any content on the LVCVA Websites. You may download and make one copy of the content and other downloadable items displayed on the LVCVA Websites for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such content. Copying or storing of any content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of the LVCVA or the copyright holder identified in the specific copyright notice.
Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on the LVCVA Websites are subject to the trademark rights of the LVCVA, including, without limitation, its model nameplates and its corporate logos and emblems.
All prices shown are based on U.S. dollars and do not include extra costs, such as, but not limited to, taxes and service fees. For specific pricing on hotels; ground transportation; Las Vegas shows and concerts; golf courses; and any and all events, attractions, amenity and premium programs, hotel availability and program information, visit the specific site directly. Hotels; Las Vegas show and concert companies; golf courses; ground transportation companies; and any and all event companies, attractions, and amenity and premium program companies are independent of the LVCVA Websites and are free to set their own prices, which are currently listed as estimates or average costs, and are subject to change.
The accuracy of the information on the LVCVA Websites cannot be guaranteed, particularly since this information is subject to change. All product illustrations and specifications are based upon information current at the time of programming. Although descriptions are believed correct, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The LVCVA reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in the information contained on the LVCVA Websites, including and without limitation to prices, incentive programs, specifications, equipment, colors and materials, and to change or discontinue models.
Information We Collect
We may collect information directly from you, automatically through your use of the LVCVA Websites, and from third parties. We may combine all of that information we collect about you from these various sources.
User information is collected to provide a more efficient LVCVA online experience; to provide updates and information to help the LVCVA meet your needs; and to communicate with you in regards to matters you have requested additional information, applied for or inquired about an opportunity, or bid on a project.
Information we collect automatically/cookies and other tracking mechanisms. We may use applications, servers and other technology provided by third-party companies to help us improve our LVCVA Websites’ performance and user experience. We may automatically collect information about you through the use of common information-gathering tools, as well as new tracking technologies that develop as technology evolves. Information is also collected about you with regard to each of your visits to the LVCVA Websites. This information is automatically collected by analytics/tracking technologies, which are referred to as cookies. This information includes technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; browser type and version; current location (if allowed); time zone setting; browser plug-in types and versions; operating systems and platform; information about your visit or visits from your IP address, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to through and from the LVCVA Websites (including date and time), pages viewed, browser time, number of visits, search engine referrer, searches performed and search strings, page response times, download errors, length of visits, to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
The tools that we or our service providers may use to track you include the following:
- Web beacons/clear GIFs. Clear graphics interchange format images (“GIFs”) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, are embedded invisibly on webpages or in emails. We, or our service providers, may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with our services to track the activities of visitors to our website, and to help us manage content and compile statistics about usage of our services. We, or our service providers, may also use clear GIFs in emails to our users to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- LSOs. We may also use local storage objects (“LSOs”) to store your website preferences and to personalize your visit. LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, please click here.
We use Quantcast and Google Analytics to collect this type of information.
Quantcast. Quantcast may use your computer’s IP address, pixel code, referring HTTP location, current HTTP location, search string, time of the access, browser time, any searches made from the LVCVA Websites, and other statistics to analyze log data from different websites, and combine it with other non-personally identifiable information to produce the reports that are made available on the Quantcast.com to enable web publishers and advertisers to deliver audience segments that are appropriate for their products or services.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics’ third-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understand the behavior of our users, to work with companies that collect information about your online activities, and to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To opt-out of analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please see the relevant help resources for your specific browser.
Updates to your browner or operating system may affect functionality of the opt-out add-on. Learn about managing add-ons for Chrome here. If you are not using Chrome, check directly with the manufacturer of your browser to determine whether add-ons will function properly on the browser version that you are using.
The latest versions of Internet Explorer sometimes load the Google Analytics opt-out add-on after sending data to Google Analytics. Therefore, if you are using Internet Explorer, the add-on will set cookies on your computer. These cookies ensure that any collected data is immediately deleted from the collection server. Please make sure that third-party cookies aren’t disabled for your Internet Explorer browser. If you delete your cookies, the add-on will, within a short timeframe, reset these cookies to ensure that your Google Analytics browser add-on remains fully functional.
The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent data from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
Learn about how Google Analytics collects, uses and processes data here.
Learn about the cookies Google Analytics uses here.
- Authenticating and identifying you on our websites so Adobe can provide you the services you requested.
- Keeping track of information you have provided — for example, keeping items in your shopping cart as you browse adobe.com
- Providing you the Adobe websites you use
- Remembering your preferences or where you left off in your use of an Adobe website (learn more or opt out)
- Measuring your use of Adobe websites so that Adobe can improve them, tailor its websites to your likely interests, and conduct market research
- Understanding your likely interests so Adobe can provide you more relevant Adobe ads and content on non-Adobe websites and in non-Adobe apps (learn more or opt out)
- Running the Adobe Experience Cloud solutions that help our business customers personalize and improve the performance of their websites, apps and marketing messages (learn more or opt out).
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or advertisements to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our website or on other websites. Please note that even if you opt out, you may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (e.g., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website http://www.aboutads.info/ or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
The service providers we use for online advertising may change. By visiting our website, you accept and consent to our use of Google, Facebook and other services to serve advertisements to you.
- Information we may collect from you. When you choose to participate with the LVCVA Websites, including applying for a posted job, this may provide us with certain information that can identify you as an individual including, but not limited to, your name, home address including ZIP/postal code, and email address (collectively, “Personal Information”). Further, when you register for any services available via the LVCVA Websites, you may be asked to create a password for your account. You may also be requested to provide secret questions and secret answers.
- Information we collect about you from third parties. We may collect information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect demographics information from public sources and from third-party data and analytics companies.
- Service providers. We use third-party service providers, vendors, agents, contractors or others to provide services on our behalf, or to fulfill a service or transaction you may have requested. We enter into written agreements with these third-party service providers, requiring them to provide the same level of protection for your personal information as provided under this Policy, and limiting their use of your Personal Information to the specified services provided on our behalf.
Such service providers include:
- Simpleview Inc.
- Precision Dialogue Marketing
- Jackrabbit Systems
These companies may assist us in fulfilling your requests or processing your transactions. We will share information only with companies that work for us to provide marketing and other services, and with nonaffiliated persons and entities with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement, where we, together, market either our products or those of our marketing partners if you expressly authorize us to share this information. These companies are contractually forbidden from disclosing or using your personal or other information other than to carry out the purposes for which the information was disclosed. These companies are in no way authorized to sell, rent or trade your personal information. While there are such contractual obligations in place, we cannot and do not guarantee that a third party could not breach its obligation and use your nonpublic personal information in a way contrary to our policy.
We may disclose information, including nonpublic personal information, in special cases when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with the legal process such as, but not limited to, situations when we are required to do so by federal, state, or local laws and regulations, or when we receive a subpoena or are ordered by a court to do so; (b) protect and defend our rights; or (c) act to protect the interests of our users or others. Additionally, we may, without notice to you, provide aggregate statistics about visitors to the LVCVA Websites, such as volume, traffic patterns and related site information, to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal information.
Other unaffiliated third parties. With your separate written consent, we may share your information directly with third parties, including so they may send you marketing offers directly. The information that we share with such third parties may include, without limitation, your name, address and email address.
We may also share your information, including personal information, in the following contexts:
- Legal compliance. We may share your information to comply with laws, regulations, legal process (e.g., a warrant or subpoena) or guidance; and to respond to governmental requests (e.g., requests from a regulator).
- Aggregate or anonymous information. We may share anonymized or aggregated information (“Aggregate Information”) to third parties without restriction. Aggregate Information may include overall usage patterns of users, the total number of users, the percentage of users who are female, or in a certain age range, or who live in a particular region, etc., or the percentage of users who are also consumers of various other products and services. Aggregate Information may be compiled in reports and disclosed, sold, licensed or rented to third parties. However, since Aggregate Information does not include any information that can be used to individually identify you or any other user, it is not possible for the third-party recipient of the Aggregate Information to use it to identify or contact you. For example, we may share Aggregate Information to inform a third party’s decision on whether to place advertisements on the LVCVA Websites. These companies may use such information about your visits to the LVCVA Websites and other websites to provide advertisements on the LVCVA Websites and other websites.
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect or that is collected about you in the following ways:
- To better serve your online needs
- To tailor content that is displayed to you
- To deliver services and to correspond with you in relation to information available on the LVCVA Websites that you have indicated an interest
- To notify you about changes in the services
- To ensure that content on the LVCVA Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device used to access the LVCVA Websites
- For system administrative, and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions that do not identify any individual
- To administer the LVCVA Websites and for internal operations, including service development, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purpose
- To improve the LVCVA Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries
- To enhance your experience on the LVCVA Websites, which may include using information you provided us to pre-populate forms
- As part of efforts to keep the LVCVA Websites safe and secure
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services or opportunities that may interest you
- Visitor guide fulfillment
- Newsletter enrollment
- Administer/manage travel programs
- Plan/coordinate meetings
- Sales contacts
- Contest entries and to run contests, and to allow you to participate in contests
- Audience segmentation
- Reports (aggregated data)
- To contact you or to follow-up with you to the extent you expressed an interest in our convention or meeting services
- To share news, provide updates and register you for events
- We may combine information received from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set forth above.
Please be notified that consent to use your personal information may include the consent to personal information transfer to a country that does not have the same level of data collection as European Union (EU).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, related affiliate companies, a defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may use nonidentifying and aggregate information to better design our website and share with our marketing and advertising agencies. If you choose to create an LVCVA profile, or receive information, we may store some or all of that information and use it for marketing research and marketing purposes. If you choose to save information, such as a meeting planner RFP form on the LVCVA website(s), in such cases, we may employ an outside research company to call you on our behalf.
EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), including the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country, if you believe we have breached your data protection rights and we have not adequately addressed your concerns.
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure individuals can enforce their data protection rights, easy to access information is available to those whose information is collected about them in the EU, including:
- What personal data we hold about you.
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed.
- How long we intend to store your personal data.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed, and the process for requesting this.
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable), or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy, and who to contact in such instances.
You can also request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information, object to processing of your personal information, and/or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information.
If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. When the processing of your personal data is for directly marketing purposes, you have the right to object to subject processing.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our collection and/or processing of your information at any time by contacting us. You may seek a copy, correct, amend, transfer, rectify or delete your personal information collected by the LVCVA at any time and for any purpose. Please contact our offices at 702-892-0711 (ask for ITD or Marketing Systems), PDrequest@LVCVA.com and legal@LVCVA.com, or you can write us at 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109. You may also object to processing of your personal information in some cases by contacting us at the contact information set forth above.
The request for email communication or contact from the LVCVA may result in the collection of (but is not limited to) the following information:
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the U.S. and Canada) are available here.
Security of Personal Information
We exercise reasonable care to protect your nonpublic personal information. This includes storing the personal information on our servers behind a secured firewall and ensuring all transmissions to other vendors use secure encryption technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. So, while we strive to protect your nonpublic personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
Internally, we will limit access to nonpublic personal information to those associates who need the information to provide products and services to you, or to maintain or service those products or services. These associates are limited in number and are committed to our privacy and security policies. We will review our security arrangements from time to time, as we deem appropriate.
Viewing and Updating Your Information
You can review and revise your personal information at any time by accessing your LVCVA profile at the LVCVA Websites. To protect your privacy, we make every attempt to verify your identity before granting access to view or revise your personal information.
Email Communication from LVCVA
You will receive email from the LVCVA only if you have registered for one of our mailing lists. Use links on the email you receive from the LVCVA to manage your subscriptions.
Transmission of Information
Any material, information or idea you transmit to or post on the LVCVA Websites by any means will be treated as nonconfidential and non-proprietary, and may be disseminated or used by the LVCVA or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all personal data provided to the LVCVA online will be handled in accordance with the LVCVA Online Privacy Practices. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
Third-party Links and Content
Social content is aggregated and collected by a business partner. Social content, including text, images, video and other content, is displayed on the LVCVA Websites through the terms and conditions of our business partner.
The links and social content we provide on the LVCVA Websites, or that are accessible through the LVCVA Websites, are there for your reference and convenience only. We do not control any of these websites, nor are we responsible for their content. The LVCVA does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators by including these links on the LVCVA Websites. If you decide to access any of the LVCVA Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk and you should be aware that upon using any links and social content available via the LVCVA Websites that you will be leaving the LVCVA Websites and subject to the terms and conditions of those sites/platforms, as applicable.
We have taken steps to protect your information. For example, we limit internal access to our servers and have physical, electronic and administrative safeguards in place that are designed to protect your information. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through our services. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information, and you provide such information at your own risk.
You can also take steps to help protect your information. For example, if you have an account with us, you should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and by keeping your login and password private.
Limitation of Warranty and Liability
THE LVCVA WEBSITES, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE LVCVA WEBSITES IS PROVIDED "AS IS" TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. THE LVCVA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE LVCVA WEBSITES OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE LVCVA WEBSITES FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE LVCVA WEBSITES OR ANY LINKED SITE. FURTHER, THE LVCVA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE LVCVA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE LVCVA WEBSITES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE LVCVA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE LVCVA WEBSITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SOFTWARE WHICH MAY BE DOWNLOADED THEREFROM; AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE LVCVA AND USER. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FORMS, AGREEMENTS AND DOCUMENTS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold the LVCVA and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of the Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs.
Children Under 13
The LVCVA Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the LVCVA Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on any of the LVCVA Websites or on or through any of its features, register on the LVCVA Websites, make any purchases through the LVCVA Websites, use any of the interactive or social media comment features of the LVCVA Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 702-892-0711 (ask for ITD or Marketing Systems), PDrequest@LVCVA.com and legal@LVCVA.com, or you can write us at 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109.
California Resident Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the LVCVA Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to PDrequest@LVCVA.com or legal@LVCVA.com.
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy. Please be aware that we may also be required to retain your Personal Information for legal and accounting reasons.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
Telephone: 702-892-0711 (ask for ITD or Marketing Systems)
Email: PDrequest@LVCVA.com or legal@LVCVA.com
Mail: 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109